Welcome to my blog!

Thursday, September 26, 2013

Novel Review "The Last Song" by Nicholas Sparks

"Seventeen year-old Veronica “Ronnie” Miller’s life was turned upside-down when her parents divorced and her father moved from New York City to Wilmington, North Carolina. Three years later, she remains angry and alienated from her parents, especially her father… until her mother decides it would be in everyone’s best interest if she spent the summer in Wilmington with him. Ronnie’s father, a former concert pianist and teacher, is living a quiet life in the beach town, immersed in creating a work of art that will become the centerpiece of a local church. The tale that unfolds is an unforgettable story about love in its myriad forms – first love, the love between parents and children – that demonstrates, as only a Nicholas Sparks novel can, the many ways that deeply felt relationships can break our hearts… and heal them."




[SPOILER ALERT]

I don't know where should I start. Because, this is my first time ever in reviewing Foreign book with English. Ah, I think I'm going to start when the first time I found this book. So, there was a time when one of my friend post a picture of the book on her instagram. I was curious to find out about that book, then I went to find it. 

At first, I didn't know why, I was a little bit bored, so I stucked on the 3rd or somewhat early pages. And I went to YouTube to watch the book's movie trailer. I didn't know how, the trailer was so magical that it could make me drowning in curiousity about the story line. Finally, I decided to continue reading the book. 

There was this seventeen years old girl, Veronica Miller, or Ronnie, who was sent by her mother to her father's house with her little brother, Jonah to spend their summer together. The problem was that Ronnie didn't like Steve, her father, for walking out from his marriage with Ronnie's mom. 

Ronnie then go on a walk in the beach, when a volleyball player crashed to her and it made her drinks splashed on her shirt. Afterwards, Ronnie met Blaze, and they made a good friends. Until one day, Blaze got jealous to Ronnie because her boyfriend, Marcus--a fireball player, seemed to like Ronnie. Blaze later frames Ronnie for shoplifting, causing her arrests. Later on, Ronnie took care of the Loggerheads in front of her father's house with the help from Will, the boy who worked for the aquarium, also the boy who crashed to Ronnie at the volleyball match. Then their story began.


Three exact words to describe this book for me, I LOVE IT! Yeah, I really love the story line. It's really structured. Nicholas made me feel like, they all real. Their conversations, their feelings, and everything in the book, made me drowned into the story.

The characters were built by Nicholas really well. So does the story line. It all seems so logic. And that because he built the characters really well, I could even feel it when Ronnie got angry to her father, when Jonah talked with his father, when Ronnie was with Will. And many many many more. 

Although, the story was a little predictable at mid-end of the story, but who the hell cares? At least, I didn't even predict the story since the beginning. Believe me, you'll need a pack full of tissues. This is for real because you will cry your eyes out. Trust me. Me myself, never cried this much. But this book drove me crazy that I cried for the quarter of the book. Seriously. But the story didn't stop in a sad ending. 

I also like that Nicholas made good quotes in this book. And the way he put the words into the story just so beautiful. That I could laugh, got mad, and cry my eyes out just because the words. The feelings in the words were just so strong. And it's brilliant.

7 STARS OUT OF 5 STARS. I DONT CARE! I LOVE IT!

“Instead of answering, Will took a step toward her, and all at once, everything happened too quickly to even make sense of it. One second he was standing three feet away from her, and in the next he had a hand on her hip and was pulling her close. Leaning in, he kissed her. His lips were soft soft, and he was suprisingly gentle. Maybe it was simply that he'd caught her by surprise, but even so, she found herself kissing him back. The kiss didn't last long, and it wasn't the kind of earthshaking, soul-destroying kiss common in movies these days; but even so, she was glad it happened, and for whatever reason, she realized it was exactly what she'd wanted him to do.”
“God's voice is usually nothing more than a whisper and you have to listen very carefully to hear it.”
“If you weren't going to tell me, why did you bring me down here? So I could watch you die?"
"No, sweetie. Just the opposite." He rolled his head to face her. "I asked you to come so I could watch you live.”

1 comment:

Thank's for visit this little castle of Maria's Kingdom. Come here again please!